Copyright © Allesley Park Walled Garden. All rights reserved.
1. Chop the celery up finely.
2. Slice the onion
3, Fry the vegetables in the butter gently for 10 minutes - do not brown,
4. Add the water and season. Bring to the boil, cover then simmer gently for 25 minutes.
5. Liquidise with hand held device or in a food processor. Alternatively pour everything
into a sieve and press the liquid out into a bowl or pan. Then add the milk.
6. Bring to the boil and stir & simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Ladle into warm soup bowls, whirl on fresh cream (if used) and sprinkle with parsley.