Copyright © Allesley Park Walled Garden. All rights reserved.
1. Grease and line 7” tin.Preheat oven to 160c (Gas 4)
2 Soften butter and blend with honey. Whisk eggs and add to butter and honey.
3. Combine flour and other dry ingredients and add to butter, honey and eggs beating
4. Add water until dropping consistency is reached. Pour the mixture into the prepared
5. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until when a cocktail stick comes out clean.
6. Mixed dried fruit may be added 450 g. (1 lb) with the flour as an alternative.
An 8” tin would then be required and the cake would need to be cooked a little longer.