Copyright © Allesley Park Walled Garden. All rights reserved.
1. Heat the oven to 160° gas mark 4. Have ready 20 paper cases to be used in a cake
2. Cream margarine and sugar until light & fluffy. Beat eggs with milk.
3. Mix flour & ground rice.
4. Mix dry ingredients with the creamed margarine & sugar & then mix until the consistency
is like breadcrumbs.
5. Add egg and milk mixture, a little at a time, until you have a smooth running
mixture. Add the lemon essence & mix.
4. Half fill 20 paper cases with the mixture , place a piece of cherry on top of
each and bake for 15-20 minutes until firm.